BBCode tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BBCode tutorial

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:17 pm

BBCode is a special implementation of HTML. Whether you can actually use BBCode in your posts on the forum is determined by the administrator. In addition, you can disable BBCode on a per post basis via the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML: tags are enclosed in square brackets [ and ] rather than < and > and it offers greater control over what and how something is displayed. Depending on the template you are using you may find adding BBCode to your posts is made much easier through a clickable interface above the message area on the posting form. Even with this you may find the following guide useful.

There are funny looking faces on one side of the page. These faces are called Emoticons. There are many types of them, and the admin's of the forum will decide what Emoticons you can use. Those aren't ll the Emocations on the forum, there is a button just above all of the Emoticons you see. It should say "Veiw more Emoticons" Then a list will appear, you can select watever selection you fancy. Now you will be wondering How you use the Emoticons, well it's really basic. Just click on the Emoticon you want in your message and a code will apper. This is a shortend IMG code. They can very. For this example I will use the king Emoticon. The code is:
Code:
:king:
When your posting, altought wen you click preveiw it will show as king, cool right. You can use Emoticons for many things.

So you want something to pop out more? Then why not bold it? Bolding is basic. hit the button that is right on top of the postal area. Again a code shall appear, it will look like so:
Code:
 [b]
Then you hit the butto again.
Code:
[b][/b]
You then type between the code like this:
Code:
 [b] Respect the rules [/b]
It will then apear like so:
Respect the rules

So you want to slant something? Well you can. There is a button for it right above the postal zone. The button looks like this: . It will slant it like this When you click the button some coding will appear like so:
Code:
[i]
Then you hit the button a second time so this is what is there:
Code:
[i][/i]
Then you type what ou want inside the text:
Code:
[i]respect the rules[/i]
and it will appear like this:
respect the rules

Do you want something underlined? If you do then you'll love this. There is an underline tool. There is a button that looks like so: .
This is the same as the bold and under line. When you click the button some coding will appear like so:
Code:
[u]
Code:
[u][/u]
Code:
[u]respect the rules[/u]
respect the rules

Can you read this? Do you want to do that? You can do intesting things with the cross out tool. It is located right above the postal zone and looks like this: pretty lame cool right? Well heres how you use it. When you click the button some coding will appear like so:
Code:
[strike]
Code:
[strike][/strike]
Code:
[strike]break[/strike] follow the rules
break follow the rules

If you wonder what the button does, it does nothing... I don't know why they even have it there.

You can also make things so there in the center of the page.
like this Very Happy
To do this by clicking he button right above the postal zone area. The button looks like this:
A BBCode will apear. The code will look like this:
Code:
you can then type watever you feel like inside of the code. like this:
Code:
[center]respect the rules[/center]
It will then apear like this:
respect the rules
If you type beside it like i am right now, it will appear like this Wink .

Do you want to flip what your writing to the other side of the page?
it will look like this
then you can, with ease. All you have to do is click the button on located right above the postal area. A code will appear like this:
Code:
[right][/right]
Then you type wa you want inbetween the code, like so:
Code:
[right]respect the rule[/right]
It will then appear like this:
respect the rules

I will complete later.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added to the tutorial.)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.wix.com/kingmitt/pokemon-galaxy

Back to top Go down

Re: BBCode tutorial

Post  Pyro on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks for the information.I used to forum and I know what most of the buttons do.Wait...I don't know we can choose what font to use! Let me try.

I'm trying it...Is it work?

Pyro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BBCode tutorial

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

Pyro wrote:Thanks for the information.I used to forum and I know what most of the buttons do.Wait...I don't know we can choose what font to use! Let me try.

I'm trying it...Is it work?
Yep, its workng

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.wix.com/kingmitt/pokemon-galaxy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum